Saturday, July 5, 2008

I {heart} America

Fourth of July was an absolute BLAST! It's always been one of my favorite holidays for so many reasons: pride in my country, love for the many men and women who protect it, and a chance to celebrate the freedom we all love. We kicked off the day with a pancake breakfast with my parents ward (I know, it's my ward too, for now) and then packed a lunch and headed out to the lake with our good friends the Vassel's. We spent the day boating and swimming and having just a good time. The water was great and I even ventured in for a little swim. Anyone that knows me knows of my fear of swimming in anything larger then a pool, so this was a big deal. Not even Darren can get me to go in, but I guess Heidi can. Heidi and I even rode the "hot dog" together - I've never laughed so hard in my life. The guys were being gentle with us, thanks to many threats and pleas before we started the ride. Darren took about 10 pictures of us but the ounce of pride I still have wont allow me to post them - hello, I was riding in the front! Reilly and Jacob absolutely loved being pulled on the tube along with Alexis and Bruno. We had a hard time trying to fit in adult rides in between the kids. Ryann warmed up to the boat after a little while and I guess laughed her head off at me on the hot dog. All I remember was a lot of screaming and laughing and Heidi behind me screaming/warning me that if I fell to fall to the side and not back on her. Despite all the sunscreen we all ended up on the pink side, but no injuries so it's all good.
We went back to Vassel's for a BBQ and then headed to Jordan High for the Sandy fireworks display. I was wiped out from the Dramamine still so I missed half the show but the kids were troopers and didn't show any signs of fatigue until the car ride home. It truly was a memorable day and I'm so glad to have spent it with our friends...love you guys!
Reilly and the birthday girl - Happy Birthday Ryann! All these celebrations are just for you:)
Despite the 90+ temperature, Jacob insisted on cuddling up inside a blanket, whatever.
Evan really enjoyed himself today. I think his smile really says it all.

2 comments:

Janan said...

from 4th of july to anniversary... what a cute fam and I can tell you love em alot (what is not to love?). Artichokes are a favorite at my house, i'll pass on the fish tacos.

Wendy said...

I have some great photos to document this fun holiday! Come on and give up the hot dog photo. We're sisters, we always laugh at each other...