Monday, July 7, 2008

Closing Out The Birthday Celebrations

Happy Birthday Bud! I know it's so hard for you to wait through the rest of the birthday celebrations - but you did it:) There's just something about your sweet side that's contagious and simply hard to resist. You sure know how to turn on the charm and that smile just melts my heart. You love anything and everything to do with football - and that just melts your dad's heart too. When you're excited about something there's just no stopping you, and you get excited about A LOT of things: wii, camping, football, food - huh, think you remind me of someone else I know...
Like father, like son...no doubt about it. Hey, let's not forget about all those little girls who are starting to notice what a cutie you are too. I'll never forget those girls following us around the pool just to be by you, you'll like it one day - promise! For your birthday you really wanted all your favorites for a special dinner. As per your request Dad came home early from work and made: ribs, shrimp, cheesy potatoes, corn on the cob with root beer to wash it all down. For dessert I made your favorite - Texas sheet cake (with ice cream on the side)! It was probably one of the best meals we've had and Grandma Springer was sure excited to share it with us. I love you dude, you sure add a lot to our family, A LOT!
Jacob's birthday dinner

The birthday boy enjoying his feast (that haircut was against Mom's wishes, whatever)

7 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Happy birthday. What a great-looking kid. The food looks so tasty.

Wendy said...

Yeah he does sound like someone I know. A couple of "someones" I know. Happy Birthday Jakey-face! Can Darren cook my birthday dinner too? Geez, that sounds like a feast!

Jessica said...

MMMMmmm... I'm hungry for some of that! It's only 9 am here but I could dig into some ribs and cheesy potatoes! Too bad your aunt Jessica wasn't there to have a rib eat off! Happy Birthday Jacob, I'm sure Paige missed being there to celebrate with you!

Stacy Sorensen said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! You were such a great host when we were visiting a few weeks ago. I am excited to return the favor when you come and visit me in Virginia. So, start begging your parents!

Emily,
I don't have your new email address or your cell number. (I really packed way too much of our stuff.) I would love to call and give you the scoop on our house hunt. So, send me an email.

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!! I know Shaun misses having you in the neighborhood! And by the way - I like the haircut little dude! ;-)

Anne said...

Hey there, you've got these beautiful kids having birthdays aroung the same time. Fun!

So I didn't mean to run out of town so quickly. I'm still going to give you a call. We're just having problems getting a working phone line. Sorry I'm lame.

I'll call you soon. Hope all is well there, it sounds like you're having a great summer.

Diane said...

We can all take a lesson from Jacob on putting more zest in our lives. Happy Birthday Jakey-Face!