Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Live, Therefor I Blog...

This past Saturday was just about perfect. It started off with a 9a.m. appointment at this new spa, La Villa for a day of pampering and relaxing.For Mother's Day Darren and the kids gave me a gift certificate for a 60 minute massage, a facial and a pedicure - talk about the works. I was there all morning indulging in the sauna, listening to Enya (the music choice of every spa) and just being pampered overall. I did a little shopping afterwards, hello Father's Day!, got a quick bite to eat and came home to a clean house. Since our anniversary was just 2 days away and Darren was going to be out of town we got all dressed up, picked up the sitter and headed to Salt Lake to my absolute most favorite restaurant ever - Flemings Steak House. The food is to die for, you can cut your fillet with a fork, and the atmosphere is fabulous. We walked around the outdoor shops for a little while afterwards and then caught a late night flick. It was so much fun and the day definitely made up for Darren having to be gone for our actual anniversary - 14 years baby! For the first 30+ years of my life I never indulged in any spa treatments/massages or anything remotely close to that for fear that it was wasting money on frivolous things. It's kind of scary how well I've adjusted to this new mind set though, and it's totally worth every penny.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, Emily! What a fun day! 14 years huh? We're going on 10 this year, and sadly I do NOT get my trip to an exotic location like I thought I would when we first got married. Funny how four kids and bills pile up! LOL.

You joined Lifetime??!!! Isn't it the best?! We have to work out together this July---I plan on going at least three times a week with the kids----then swimming after on some days. What do you think?

Wendy said...

Come to the dark side, Emily. It's comfy over here! Now what are you going to do to make up for being gone for father's day?

Kaylene said...

Sounds so wonderful! What a great thing to be able to go and do. The steak place sounds wonderful. We will be down in July, maybe we will have to check it out for our Anniversary!

Anne Marie said...

Happy Anniversary! 14 years is definitely something to celebrate. I haven't gotten a massage in such a long time. REading this is definitely getting me thinking about it.