Friday, May 30, 2008

The Drive Home From School

Me: (to Ryann and Evan) Hey, you guys want to go swimming with Ashley and Bruno?
Ryann and Evan: YES!!!!!!
Evan: Where are we swimming?
Me: at Heidi's pool
Evan: Hey, they don't have a pool. Are you trickin' us?
Me: No, it's by their house.
Me: (to Reilly who just got in the car) Hey, you want to go swimming with Lexi?
Reilly: YES! Where?
Me: At Vassel's
Reilly: Vassel's have a pool?
Me: No, it's by their house.
Ryann: Oh, it's at Shyloh's (next door) house?
Me: No, it's a little farther away.
Evan: Then why did you say is was by her then and who's Bassel's?
Me: It is by her house, not right next door - and it's Vassel with a V not Bassel - and I was just using their last name, it's all the same people.
Ryann: I thought you said we were swimming with Heidi! Mom, why do you call her Heidi? I want to swim with Ashley!
Evan: It's cause she's big!
Ryann: Mom, do you like Heidi?
Me: Okay, enough. Time for the quiet game...
Ryann: (after a few minutes) Mom, I like you when you take me swimming.
Me: Uhh, thanks, I think.

All this in literally the first 5 minutes of summer break. You know how much I'm looking forward to the next 3 months of summer...oh, the humanity!

5 comments:

Kaylene said...

Oh I can hear it now, I luckily have one more week until that all begins with us! Maybe you will pick up the diet coke habit again just to get you through!

Janan said...

Last day of shcool:
Avie: Mom, what are we doing today?
Mom: I don't know
Avie: Are we going anywhere?
Mom: I don't know.
Avie: Well are we going to see anyone?
Mom: Avie I have no idea. I'm sure we'll see someone today
Avie: Well, what time do you think we'll see somone?
Mom: ARRRG!
My kids got home from school at 11:00 yesterday, then we suited up and went to the primary swim party, then 3 girls from the neighborhood came over. 30 minutes later Paige was whining that she was bored and had noone to play with.
Anyone want to start a year-round petition for school? This is going to be a long summer!

Jenni said...

We were so excited for the last day of school too! When it came and the kids were all home from school early, we all sat on the couch and after about 5 minutes I heard the chorus of "I'm Bored's" and "I'm Hungry's" that I hear for three straight months.

I second the petition for year round school!

Anne Marie said...

Laughing about the conversation!!! Summer vacation....aaah..we start ours in five days. Jared will definitely be getting many more of the "I'm convinced I'm going crazy" phone calls from me.

Wendy said...

Jacob is by far the most talented nagger I've ever seen. I'm sure we were NEVER like that! ;)