Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Random Acts

So, we get back from Arizona late Friday night and early Saturday morning I head off to the local insta-care for my throbbing ear. I'm going to take Darren's car, because the Suburban is still packed, and I notice splattered eggs around the street and on his NEW car - dried, nasty, who knows how long they've been there, eggs. As soon as I get home from the doctor's he's off to the car wash. We'll chalk this up to stupid teenage pranks...whatever. The next morning, Sunday, we wake to find that these punks have been back and this time with a bat! The smashed up my side mirror and scratched/dented Darren's door and window - along with about a half a dozen other neighbors on the street. Are you freakin' kidding me?! What part of the ghetto did my parents move to? (actually it's a very nice area, I just like to tease them...mean I know, but dang!)


The police were called out about 4 in the morning - thanks to a neighbor's car alarm, and talked with my Dad, just coming home from St. George. Monday we find out from our insurance that even though it was the same incident, in order to fix our cars we had to fork out TWO separate deductibles. Yep, that's $1000 for about 3 seconds of some punks jollies...NICE. We soooo need to find a house, garage and all.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

That would make me fuming mad!!! Of course, in the condition my van is already in from two accidents and some idiot keying stars into my door -- I was not willing to spend the $500 so it still looks like crap -- I might just trade places with you and loan you my garage and I'll take the ghetto! Maybe I could get some punk to STEAL IT and then I'd get a new car for my $500! ;-)

Jenni said...

I totally feel your pain! When we lived with my mom, we had one car broken in to and the other car had it's back window shot out--shattered. We had to pay for a few moments of "fun" same punks had late one night.

What is it with living with your parents and damaged vehicles??

Wendy said...

You MUST speak to a manager at your insurance company. That is absurd to expect you to pay a double deductible. It's one single accident that you pay for, not the number of items on a bill. Ridiculous! If you want me to call them for you just say the word.

Jules said...

Of all the luck! I agree about the double deductibles!! I guess the punks like to vent their have-not complexes by looking for vulnerable targets with the supposed haves. Very lame--they still don't have what they imagine they lack and now they must do without self-respect too.

Anne Marie said...

That is soooo annoying! Why do kids do stuff like that?