Monday, May 19, 2008

What A Fabulous Mother's Day...

One of these days I'd like to not have to start my post off with the obligatory "I know I haven't posted in a while", or "let me play catch up..." but today isn't one of those days and seeing as how my kids start their summer vacation in a few weeks (I'm scared!) it's not likely to happen anytime soon, so sit back and enjoy the rewind.

Mother's Day weekend (yes, it's a weekend as opposed to my birthday week:) started off with a girl's weekend getaway with my friend Heidi and her in-law's. for years her mother-in-law rents a cabin and her daughters/daughter-in-laws come to town towing friends, projects or both. This time it was a huge cabin in Heber where we had a beautiful view of the rolling hills right off the back deck (where the hot tub was of course). Our friend Shyloh was able to sneak away for the day and joined us on our little excursion. We had so much fun shopping at the Park City outlets (even picking up matching Guess "girlfriend" handbags), dining at the local $50 a plate "barn" and staying up way too late talking, whispering and giggling. Since every room only slept a maximum of two people and Shyloh didn't want to miss out on any of the fun she opted to sleep in the small crib that was already set up in our room...what the?! Now don't get me wrong, if any of my friends could sleep in a baby's crib, it most definitely would be Shyloh (all 100 lbs. of her) but seriously - THE FUNNIEST THING I EVER SAW!!! She curled up and covered up with the baby blanket and in minutes was fast asleep (so much for the not wanting to miss out on the girl talk). Nothing like having a half naked grown woman sleep in a crib right next to you and kicking her legs out of the crib in her sleep to stretch out - it goes beyond the weird factor. (still waiting for that picture Heidi) Anyways, Darren and the kids had been busy while I was gone - cleaning the house, shopping and making cards. I came home to a clean house, lots of home made cards and wonderful gifts of all my favorite things. They really outdid themselves and it made for a perfect Mother's Day. Reilly made an ABC book for me with each letter of the alphabet spelling out something she loves about me as her mom and picked out some great summer clothes for me, Jacob specifically wanted to buy me a book, and Darren got me a day at the spa and spending money - these are all definitely some of my favorite things:) All in all it was a fabulous weekend and I was a little sad that the day had to come to an end - back to reality and the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Thanks to my beautiful family for such the wonderful day - I am truly blessed to be a part of your lives, there is no greater gift.

4 comments:

Jamie! said...

Sounds awesome! BTW, house the hunting going? Anyway luck?

Jules said...

Lucky you!

Anne Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie said...

Sounds great to get away for a weekend.