Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Title Schmitle

Whilst starting to pack tonight - yes, talk about procrastination to the nth degree - I was gathering the many piles of books I had around the house that have helped me get through this summer of transition. I got a little ferclempt...this was my summer and I loved every minute of it (the book reading that is, the fighting/whining/begging I could do without). I slipped into many a worlds and even had several different accents in my head for a while all while pouring through these books.I read by the pool/in the pool, in bed at night (with a flashlight propped against my pillow!), on the stair master and everywhere in between. I was talking to my cousin Janan today and we both just have a love for the stories and even the books that contain them. I have a hard time borrowing books - it's as though I won't enjoy them as much unless I own them...totally weird and a little OCD, I know! Anyways, here's to my books of summer 2008 ( not to mention the 6 audio books I listened to as well)...and the late nights I spent curled up with the Mag lite reading until my eyes couldn't focus another second:)
and here's to my list of recommended reads from Janan. You know as soon as I'm settled into my new house I'm getting started on these...maybe even sooner!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I don't mind borrowing books - maybe you should lend me some of those goodies.

Jenni said...

I wish that list was in focus....

Stacy Sorensen said...

Best of luck on the packing and unpacking. I can feel your pain. We were able to park one car in the garage on Saturday and it felt like Christmas.

Janan said...

My list of to-reads looks impressive! And your did-reads are impressive too. I love reading, right now it's THE GOOD HUSBAND by Gail Godwin. very good, also recently A TOWN LIKE ALICE by Nevil Shute. anyway, let me know when you're reading my boooks EM!