Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Haps Around Here

Well - it's official...we found a house!!!!! And not just any house - just about the best house ever! Well, it's a diamond in the rough and I couldn't be happier. I tried to find the pictures on the MLS to post but I guess the guy took the listing down. Here's the highlights:
1. it's on about 1.2 acres - Darren and the kids love it
2. it has 7, that's right - 7 bedrooms!!!!!
3. the kitchen is fabulous - love, love , love the layout
4. it still has about 1,000 sq feet unfinished - the possibilities are endless (I'm picturing my very own design/crafting center filled with all of the latest and greatest things - but I'm thinking the rest of the family will have other ideas...)
5. it's basically a blank slate - not much to look at, but then again, not much to tear down... it's kinda the glass half full way of thinking
there's definitely some eyesores - ummm, the master bath is....well, it's a disaster but aside from that the rest of the house is totally livable. I'll take some before and after pics of our progress for sure. We are so excited and can't wait to start this new adventure. Oh yeah, did I mention it's off a dirt road. We're going country folks - giddy up!

10 comments:

Kaylene said...

That's awesome! Where in the sticks are you going to be moving to? Off a dirt road sounds like you should be livin here in Montana! Good for you, when do you move in?

Leslie said...

I want pictures and an invite to come visit soon! :-)

Diane said...

Darren said that instead of selling lemonade and cookies, Reilly and Jacob can get prepared to sell vegetables and even a quarter pig!! Can't wait to see that. I'm going to miss you guys and especially our morning walks.

Jenni said...

Details, I need more details girl. Call me asap!

I'm so happy for you!

Stacy said...

I could not be more happy for you. I can't wait for pictures! I want loads of them so I can copy all of your design ideas just in case we ever find a house we like. I did drive by a nice one today and then saw it was listed for 1,000,000.00 I do have good taste.

Wendy said...

pics!!!!!

Kim said...

What happened to you on facebook? I got some strange message from you (a link that wouldn't work) and now you are nowhere to be found. Did those teenage girls track you down and post a video of your last post or something?

Kathy said...

Congrats! I look forward to the pictures!!! Good luck with the sale and the moving!

Natalie said...

Good luck with the move! Soo fun to be moving on again. I am excited to see before and after pictures. You are soo creative and soo talented you will do wonders with the house I am sure.

The slow paces country life sounds pretty good right now, this LA traffic is a nightmare AHHHHHHHH!

Jules said...

Congratulations! That sounds like quite a house and I can't wait to see what you do with it. Definitely looking forward to the before and after pics.