Monday, August 11, 2008

Facebook Face Off

So these past couple of days I've been obsessed with Facebook. If you're anything like me then until now you might have heard a little something about it but didn't really give it much thought. I blog and can barely keep up with that as it is, so forget adding something new to the mix. A few days ago my sister Tracy told me that one of my old friends from Irvine High (Hi Steph)contacted her and wanted to her to pass along her contact info to me so we could get in touch. Just when I think I'm getting all computer/internet savey I discover something new that totally blows me away. She introduces me to Facebook and all the possibilities of it. I just set up an account that's private (and only visible to me and others I accept) and from there I'm free to search out my long lost friends. I have had so much fun reaching out to so many others that over time I've lost track of. These past few days I've been emailing friends from up to 18+ years ago, catching up and remembering fun stories from the past. It has been an absolute blast seeing pictures of them and their families and passing along info on others. I feel really old now thinking that it's been so long since I left Cali. and there is so much I miss, but this has been good for me. I'm so glad that everyone has been so accepting and just as eager to catch up as me. I'm trying to get Darren into it as well, but so far he has NO INTEREST. Whatever, I set up an account for him already and if he's lucky I'll let him know who he is now in contact with again. It's all good and a whole lotta fun!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

You have to teach me.....I still have no idea what I'm doing....