Monday, March 24, 2008

A Very "Hoppy" Easter

We had a fun Easter weekend here at the Springer house. We went miniature golfing with the kids on Saturday - and I have to say that thanks to Wii I'm a pretty good golfer. Evan especially loves miniature golf so it was so much fun to watch him (Jacob had a fit and ended up throwing his club across the "green", but this is a happy-happy post so I'll leave that story for another time "...when there's love at home...") I told Darren for days that I wanted to be ready for Easter and not do any late night "prepping", but of course I was sitting at the computer late at night writing clues for our scavenger hunt.
I was so excited that I was finally able to find matching outfits for my kids, not just for Easter but for the pictures I want to have taken of them in a few weeks. It was hard to find matching dresses for both Reilly and Ryann and then to find something that would coordinate for the boys. I found these great dresses for the girls and perfect polo's for the boys with the ever so suddle pink stripes across a brown shirt. Of course it's the first thing Jacob notices - PINK!!! - and if it wasn't for Uncle Joe telling him it was a "cool" shirt it would have been a long and frustrating morning. (Thanks again Joe!) The Easter Bunny came while we were at church and the kids had a lot of fun hunting for eggs and then the scavenger hunt with rhyming clues and all. We had a yummy Easter dinner with my parents, Joe and Tracy, and my MIL Carol. I volunteered to sit at the kid table with Reilly and Jacob and I was SOOOO glad that I did. It was like I was given temporary access to their world and I loved every minute of it. I got the scoop on who had crushes on them, who they had crushes on (WHAT?!) and all the latest insider news at their school. I knew this pass would soon be revoked and that I would have to go back to being their mom and not their comrade, but for the 30 minutes we were at the table I really loved it - thanks kids:) We ended the night with the new movie from the Easter Bunny - Enchanted. It looks really cute and of course I'm going to watch it when I get a few minutes, hello it has McDreamy in it! After all is said and done it was a good Easter because I really had the chance to spend some quality time with my kids. (As you've probably noticed, I haven't posted any Easter pics of the kids, or any pics of them lately for that matter. My computer isn't accepting my memory card so I can't upload any pictures. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon - my memory card is full!)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

go to costco and have your pica put on a cd so you can empty your memory card. Isn't joe awesome?! Glad it was a hit! Next year.

Jessica said...

What? No picture??? Com'on!