Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An Update

To all of you who have been sitting on the edge of your seats and waiting with baited breath and to the rest of you who really couldn't care less but will read on anyways, a quick update...

We've had 3 different offers on the house but unfortunately they've all been contingent on the buyers selling their house first (yeah, good luck with that!) We were under contract with a family that wanted to buy our house and possibly rent their house to family but as we got closer to closing date it looked as though that ideal scenario wasn't going to work so Thanksgiving week we ended the contract. We go in spurts with people wanting to see the house but we've decided we wouldn't go under contract again with any contingencies - we're snobby like that:) My new goal is to have the house sold by my birthday (March) so we're hunkering down for the winter. I'm good with everything so far. Darren travels about every other week and as long as the kids are in school it's okay. They were off track for 4 (that's FOUR!!!!) weeks during November so the traveling took a tole on me and the kids. Darren was out of town for 2 of the 4 weeks that the kids were off track and by Thurs. night of the last week when Darren came back into town he came home to a wife rocking in the corner of the bathroom with the lights off and door locked...think Carrie meets Edward Scissor Hands - seriously! I'm happy to report that the kids are back in school and Darren is home for a little while so life is good. Life is VERY good. Other then that not much else has happened. I'm REALLY excited for Christmas (I'll tell you why later) and enjoying what is most likely our last Utah winter. Thanks for sticking with me friends, more posts to follow, promise:)

11 comments:

Kim said...

I know why!!!!

Kaylene said...

Glad you have some relief and have him home for sometime and for Christmas. Send me your address so I can get you a Christmas card. Can you believe I did one this year?

Shyloh Belnap said...

Yeah! I am glad that you blogged because I love to read them! Will you send me your address so I can send you a christmas card?

Stacy said...

Real estate sucks! But if you are looking for a silver lining it can be that this gives you more time to scout out where you want to live. Paul ward hopped out here for quite a while. He also got me a copy of a stake directory and I called Primary Presidents to ask about schools and neighborhoods. They were alot more informative than any agent I tried to talk to.
I relate to the single Mom thing as well. Next time you find yourself locked in the bathroom you are welcome to call me. I will even order you a pizza and have it sent right over.

Anne Marie said...

What a pain!!!! I hope everything falls together soon. I always go crazy when Jared's gone for more than 3 days in a row. I can't imagine a few weeks at a time.

Jessica said...

What? Do your kids read your blog?

Diane said...

You have a way of selling a house when nothing else sells. That must mean you'll get the right offer very soon. Wishing you the best!

Wendy said...

Funny, funny post! I hope I get to see you during one of the school breaks.

Natalie said...

Hope you don't have to many more bathrooms routines! I have had those days also! Hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, enjoy the snow, you will probably miss it someday like we do, just the sight of it, not the whole shoveling, bundling, scraping part of it! that part sucks! Have a MERRY MERRY and Tis the SEASON!

Elena said...

Oh my gosh, Emily. My heart seriously goes out to you after reading this post -- I can't imagine the pressure that goes on in your house. How long will Darren's company fly him back and forth???
I am TOTALLY one of those waiting to see what happens, at the edge of my seat, but I try not to bug you about it -- I'm sure as soon as you have news, you'll be shouting it from the rooftops and I'll hear about it. Ugh, so sorry Emily!

Jenni said...

I am on the edge of my seat here, why are you so excited for Christmas?! What are you getting me?!