Friday, February 1, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

Things I hate about being homeless...
  • not having my tivo
  • not having my own computer
  • sharing a room with Ryann
  • not having my own bathroom
  • living out of boxes
  • not knowing where things go
  • only keeping out 2 pairs of earrings and 3 rings...what was I thinking?
  • not having my routine, or any routine for that matter
  • not knowing where our next house is

Things I love about being homeless...

  • not having my tivo
  • sharing a room with Ryann
  • not having the truck load of responsibilities I had before
  • getting to know Darren's sister Donna and her family on a whole new level (and loving it)
  • cleaning up is a breeze with only 1/10th of our stuff
  • looking for our next house
  • a lot more time to read, shop and work on my scrapbook classes

Although it's not a life style that I can keep for too long, I'm really enjoying our time with the Zimmerman family. We've lived in the same city for over 5 years and hardly saw each other. I guess we are making up for lost time now. They have been so generous and wonderful to stay with that even when I have people ask in a whisper "No really, how is it?" I can smile and say it's great and I love it. Now how they feel is another question...

12 comments:

Wendy said...

The real question is are you ready to really get to know Mom & Dad again on a whole new level? Haha. It's fun to be together. When's the move in date?

Tracy said...

I'm glad you are enjoying it! So how is the house hunt coming along, are you and Darren on common grounds yet?

Jules said...

Despite all the "bonuses"--you will really learn to appreciate your own home. I always do after a long vacation. Happy hunting!

Janan said...

I KNOW Emily, believe me I know. All the months spent visiting with family while Michael was away. I KNOW.

Diane said...

Dad and I have been homeless for over a year now. I'm more than anxious to move into our new home in just a few days. Still, I had a wonderful 11 months with Jessica's family, a great month with your family, and lots of fun with Ross Cheesman's family for the past few weeks. I have cherished memories from all three families that have opened their hearts and homes to us.

Kaylene said...

Hey Emily- Just checking in to see how the house hunting is going, where do you think you will end up? Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

you know living with you isnt so bad. its like having an older sister. an annoying older sister who takes your phone and texts my boyfriend, but at the same make it fun to be around you. you act like me. just more mature. :] so thats why the house across the street is a good choice! oh and we got secrets... its AWESOME!

Tracy said...

love the new look!

Anonymous said...

At times I think we all wish we could run away from our normal lives and change things up. It sounds to me like you really did run away!! Good for you. And if it just so happens that you need to run away a bit farther, you are always welcome at my door. Happy homelessness to you. And good luck house hunting.

Wendy said...

Sexy blog! Now how about a post? I tagged you.

Jessica said...

For a second I was trippin' on the Zimmerman - but then it occured to me that I am not the only Zimmerman out there. I am not the center of the universe... can that be so. Good luck living with others for the next little while.

Kathy said...

Hi Emily!

I'm so glad you put your blogger address on your Christmas card. I finally joined the blogging world... (kathy-n-kyle.blogspot.com) I'm excited to keep in touch!

Kathy